Internship Opportunities at Advocacy Unified Network (AUN)
Join Advocacy Unified Network (AUN) and contribute to our mission of promoting effective and efficient democratic governance and sustainable development. As an intern, you will gain valuable hands-on experience for your career and work on diverse projects aligned with our goals. Please note that all internships require a minimum commitment of 6 months and are unpaid positions.
Contribute to our research and analysis efforts on global public policy issues. You can conduct comprehensive literature reviews, collect and analyse data, write reports and articles, and present research findings. This internship will enhance your research skills and deepen your understanding of key policy challenges.
- Minimum enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in a relevant field such as international relations, political science, public policy, or a related discipline.
- Strong research and analytical skills with the ability to gather, analyse, and synthesise information from various sources.
- Proficiency in conducting literature reviews and utilising research methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Familiarity with data analysis software and tools is preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in global public policy issues and sustainable development.
Support our national, regional, and international advocacy initiatives. You will assist in developing effective advocacy strategies, engage with policymakers and stakeholders, organise impactful events and protests, and monitor and evaluate advocacy campaigns. This internship will provide you with valuable experience in influencing policy-making processes.
- Minimum enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in law, international relations, political science, or a related field.
- Knowledge of policy advocacy strategies and frameworks.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to effectively convey ideas and arguments.
- Ability to conduct policy research and analysis.
- Familiarity with international and regional policy-making processes and institutions.
- Demonstrated interest in transparency, accountability, and democratic governance.
Capacity Building Intern
Contribute to our capacity-building programs for policymakers, businesses, and civil society. You will be involved in designing and delivering training programs, providing technical assistance, facilitating workshops and discussions, and establishing strategic partnerships. This internship will enable you to develop valuable skills in capacity development and stakeholder engagement.
- Minimum enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in social sciences, development studies, public administration, or a related field.
- Knowledge of capacity-building methodologies and techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills.
- Ability to design and deliver training programs or workshops.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated interest in enhancing the participation of stakeholders in policy-making processes.
Social Media Intern
Assist in managing our social media presence and engaging with the global civil society. You will create and schedule compelling content, monitor social media platforms, analyse engagement metrics, and develop strategies to enhance our online reach and impact. This internship will provide you with practical skills in social media management and digital communication.
- Minimum enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in communications, marketing, digital media, or a related field.
- Proficiency in social media platforms and tools.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a creative approach to content development.
- Ability to develop engaging social media strategies and campaigns.
- Familiarity with analytics tools to measure and optimise social media performance.
- Demonstrated interest in utilising social media for advocacy and promoting sustainable development.
Support developing and maintaining our website and other affiliated platforms like AUN News, Opus Publica and Civingo to ensure an effective online presence. You will contribute to updating website content, optimising user experience, implementing new features, and conducting testing and troubleshooting. This internship will enhance your website management skills and understanding of online communication strategies.
- Minimum enrollment in a Bachelor’s degree program in computer science, web development, or a related field.
- Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and website design principles.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve website-related issues.
- Knowledge of SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) best practices.
- Demonstrated interest in creating user-friendly and visually appealing websites.
Contribute to our fundraising initiatives to support AUN’s activities and projects. You will assist in researching potential donors, preparing persuasive grant proposals, supporting fundraising campaigns, and maintaining donor databases. This internship will provide valuable experience in fundraising strategies and donor relations.
- Minimum enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in nonprofit management, business administration, or a related field.
- Knowledge of fundraising principles and techniques.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for donor engagement.
- Ability to conduct research on potential funding sources and develop fundraising proposals.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated interest in resource mobilisation for sustainable development initiatives.
Event Planning Intern
Assist in planning and organising policy advocacy and sustainable development events. You will contribute to venue coordination, participant registration, logistical arrangements, and on-site event support. This internship will enhance your event management, coordination, and communication skills.
- Minimum enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in event management, hospitality, or a related field.
- Knowledge of event planning and management principles.
- Strong organisational and logistical skills.
- Ability to coordinate and execute events, including venue selection, vendor management, and budgeting.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated interest in organising events related to public policy and sustainable development.
Provide essential administrative support to ensure smooth operations within AUN. You will manage correspondence, organise meetings, maintain records, and assist with general office tasks. This internship will strengthen your organisational skills and provide you with valuable experience in office administration.
- Minimum enrollment in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in business administration, public administration, or a related field.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritise effectively.
- Demonstrated interest in supporting organisational operations and processes.
How to Apply
To be considered for an internship at Advocacy Unified Network (AUN), please follow the application guidelines outlined below:
Prepare your application materials:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume: Include your educational background, work experience, relevant skills, and any additional information that highlights your qualifications.
- Cover Letter: Write a concise and tailored cover letter that introduces yourself, expresses your interest in the internship, and explains how your skills and experience align with AUN’s mission and the specific internship category you are applying for.
- Writing Sample: Provide a brief writing sample in English, such as a blog post, article, or academic essay that showcases your writing abilities and critical thinking skills. The sample should demonstrate your capacity to analyze complex issues and communicate ideas effectively.
Format your application:
- Use a professional and clean format for your CV, cover letter, and writing sample.
- Ensure that your documents are saved in a compatible file format, such as PDF or Word.
Email your application:
- Compose an email addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “AUN Internship.”
- Attach your CV, cover letter, and writing sample to the email.
- In the body of the email, briefly introduce yourself and express your interest in the internship position. Include any additional information that you believe is relevant to your application.
- Double-check that all attachments are properly included before sending.
Review and follow-up:
- Once you have submitted your application, allow some time for the review process.
- AUN will carefully assess each application and shortlist candidates based on their qualifications and suitability for the internship positions.
- If your application is shortlisted, you may be invited for an interview or further evaluation.
- If you haven’t received a response within a reasonable time frame, you may consider following up with a polite email to inquire about the status of your application.
Embark on a rewarding internship experience at AUN, where you will acquire practical skills, work with a passionate team, and positively impact global public policy and sustainable development. To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter indicating your preferred internship position and availability.
Please note that all intern positions at AUN are unpaid and require a minimum commitment of 6 months.
We look forward to welcoming you to Advocacy Unified Network (AUN) and supporting your professional growth!